16 February 2013

Why my family rocks! (That's sort of a pun, BTW.)

This week is the 59th Annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show.  I'm 39 (barely).  And, I'm a geologist by degrees (BS & MS) and in my heart of hearts.  I love rocks, fossils, the Law of Superposition, unconformities, stable isotopes, the idea of Jurassic Park, the Moab area of Utah, Carlsbad Caverns and Mt. Vesuvius.  I grew up in Tucson and my family (Mom, Dad and dear Sister) are all at the TGMS today.  I've gotten a few calls...  "is this ring cool?  Do you know about this mineral?  I got you a surprise!"  It all warms my heart.  When I know that my peeps are at this show, I know that I am a geologist at heart because of my childhood even if I don't work as one.

Anyway, mushy mush aside, they got me a couple of agate slabs so that I can DIY/copy Freckles Chick (whose hubby is also a geologist) and these framed slabs.  At six bucks a piece for these beauties, I wish I had an extra family member to hug.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being amazing!