15 May 2013

Prepping for D-A-D and D-I-Y

The truth is that at this time I believe my only faithful reader of this blog is my Mom.  So, nothing that I'm about to write will surprise her.  You see, my family is rad.  My parents are both self-sufficient and avid crafty, DIY-type peeps.  My mother is a crocheting machine.  Seriously, if you love doilies and you are the first person to comment on the blog (except you, Mom) I will send you a beautifully hand-crafted doily.  She also sews, quilts and paints on barstools.  My dad built two homes, restores cars, welds, builds stuff out of any/everything and is all-around awesome at DIY stuff.  What does this matter, you say?

My parents are coming to visit in three and a half weeks.  I've got to get ready for DIY beast mode.  I have big plans for getting some major projects underway: kitchen update, bathroom update(s), fence installation (hopefully), etc.  Here is a picture of my current stash awaiting their arrival.


And, today I cleaned out the garage so that we'll have room to make this stuff a reality!  Don't mind that huge pink beer bottle.  The Chief and I collect the "artsy" ones and that's leftover from my big 4-0 birthday.  You could not even see the counter this morning.  I see a yard sale in my future!


I know, I know...the faux butcher block laminate work surface and awesome circa Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit cabinets are envy inducing, 'eh?  I make the Burt Reynolds reference to keep my current readership (my Mom) interested.  I can't wait for y'all to get here!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being amazing!